Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Raise the Roof...

We had another great day of weather here in Indiana so they were able to begin putting the roof on the house. With a large crane to help lift the trusses, these men worked very fast to get the job done. Even with it being a windy day, the crane operator smoothly lifted the pieces into place.


To give you a better idea of the layout of our home, I have labeled some of the rooms on the picture below. If you have trouble reading it, you can click on the picture to enlarge it. (You can do that with all the photos.


Lastly for today, I am trying something new. I took some video of them raising the last section of roof on our camera. The video quality isn't the greatest but you can get an idea of the process. If this works well, I'll post more video at a future time.